Need a greenhouse but still haven’t found the perfect one for your garden? Here’s an interesting idea you might want to try! It’s perfect for small gardens, too!
This fold-down greenhouse works very well and is convenient to use! Made simply with PVC pipes and plastic sheeting, this greenhouse idea is simple and easy to build.
The only downside to consider is that this greenhouse might not last in places where winds blow hard. But if you live in a favourable location, then you will definitely love this greenhouse which is also a nice, quick solution for protecting your plants from critters.
Think this fold-down greenhouse will work in your area?
Learn how to make it by heading over to the full tutorial from Bonnie Plants linked below! You can also get more greenhouse inspiration by viewing our little greenhouse album. :)
- 8 – 1-inch x 10-foot-long PVC Pipes
- 8 – 1-inch Elbow Fittings
- 2 – 1-inch Tee Fittings
- 4 – 1¼-inch Elbow Fittings
- 2 – ¾-inch x 5 foot pieces Metal Conduit
- 2 – ¾-inch x 5-foot-long pieces Metal Conduit
- 1 box #8 x ¾-inch Lath Washer Head Screws
- 2 – ¼-inch x 3-inch Bolts
- 25 feet of 12-foot wide 4 mm Plastic Sheeting (UV-rated will last longer)
- 3 – 2- to 3-foot lengths of Coated Light-duty Utility Chain
- 3 Spring Links
- 2 to 4 – 1¼-inch Pipe Straps
- 2 to 3 Plastic-Body Spring Clamps
- several pieces of Bricks or Paver
- Hacksaw / Jigsaw / Miter Saw
- Rubber Mallet / Sledge Hammer
- Drill / Driver
- Spring Clamps
- ¾-inch Soil/Garden Auger Drill Attachment (optional)
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to Bonnie Plants for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…