Last Updated on
As a full-time mother, I am constantly looking for ways to organize stuff. I want my family to come home to a clean and organized house. But sometimes, despite my efforts, things just don’t go the way I expect them to. Is it because I have two teenaged sons, a curious four-year old, and three playful pups? I don’t want to put the blame on anybody but well…
Take this scenario, for example. My sons are constantly tearing the house down looking for shoes. They just couldn’t remember where they left them. Then there’s my daughter, at an age where she loves to play dress up. Of course, she’d wear mommy’s shoes. And then, the puppies – they’d chew on anything and everything they find on the floor.
It’s frustrating, really. Good thing I found this neat DIY project. It came with pretty clear instructions on how to build a recycled PVC wall mounted shoe rack.
The materials aren’t really expensive and making the shoe rack was pretty straightforward. So I thought, why not give it a try? I really wanted to organize my family’s shoes and keep them off the floor.
Are you with me? Let’s go build!
- 2 pcs 10 foot long 6 inch in diameter drainage pipe
- 1 pc giant bottle of Gorilla Glue
- 6 pcs metal L brackets with 2 pre-drilled holes on each side
- 12 pcs nuts and bolts for attaching the shoe rack to the L brackets
- 12 pcs wall mounting hardware (varies depending on type of wall)
- Hacksaw and/or Jig Saw for cutting
- 6 pcs clamps or locking pliers
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to The Awesomer for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…