Last Updated on
Need a good bed with storage? Then here’s a DIY project for you!
This farmhouse bed is for a queen size mattress. It has drawers on both sides, offering lots of easy access storage. Whether you want storage space for rarely needed items or frequently used ones, this piece of furniture is a great storage solution for the bedroom!
Be insipired to DIY by viewing the finished samples in the album below.
You can also learn how to build it, step-by-step, by heading over to the tutorial linked right below the album!
Is this the kind of bed you want for your bedroom? :)
- 3 sheets of 3/4″ Plywood
- 1 1/2 sheets of 1/4″ Plywood
- 2 pcs of 4×4 post, 7 feet long
- 2 pcs of 1×4 Timber, 10 feet long
- 3 pcs of 2×4 Timber, 10 feet long (cut longest first!)
- 5 pcs of 1×10 Timber, 8 feet long (OR 1 sheet of 3/4″ plywood cut into 5 strips 9 1/4″ wide)
- 6 pcs of Euro Style Drawer Slides (14″ long, medium to heavy duty rating)
- 2 pcs of 2×6 Timber, 6 feet long
- 3 pcs of 2×2 Timber, 8 feet long
- 9 pcs of 1×3 Timber, 8 feet long
- 5 pcs of 1/4″ Hobby Stock, 2 1/2″ wide, 8 feet long (OR 1/4″ plywood cut into strips 2 1/2″ wide)
- 4″ Screws
- 6 Knobs or Handles
- 2″ Screws
- 3″ Screws
- 3/4″ Finish Nails
- 1 1/4″ Finish Nails
- 2″ Finish Nails
- 1-1/4″ Pocket Hole Screws
- 2-1/2″ Pocket Hole Screws
- Wood Glue
- Wood Filler
- 120 grit Sandpaper
- Measuring Tape
- Paint Brush
- Kreg Jig
- Circular Saw
- Table Saw
- Brad Nailer
- Spirit Level
- Safety Gear
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to Ana White for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…