What’s outdoor entertaining without a bar? If you don’t have one in your backyard or patio, then this DIY outdoor bar with built-in cooler is perfect for you!
It’s fully functional, mobile, and it will look great in your backyard.
This outdoor bar with built-in cooler does not only make a beautiful addition to your outdoor space, it’s also cleverly designed. Slide over its cover to open the cooler and use its cover as a work surface. It’s perfect for those who lack counter space in their outdoor area. It has a shelf for storing other items and wheels so you can move your serving center anywhere you want to.
If you want one that will last for years, make sure to use cedar for this project. It wears well over time and the timber is perfect for its usage.
Do you need a chest cooler stand and an extra counter space for your backyard parties? Then build yourself this sliding serving center!
BTW, we’ve also included other outdoor bars with built-in cooler ideas below to inspire you to design your own, unique version for your home! ;)
You’ll need these materials:
- 19 pcs 1×2, 96″ long Cedar
- 18 pcs 1×4, 96″ long Cedar
- 5 pcs 2×4, 96″ long Cedar
- 1-1/4″ Coarse Exterior Pocket Screws
- 2-1/2″ Coarse Exterior Pocket Screws
- 1/16″x3/4″x72″ Aluminum Angle
- #8×5/8″ Sheet Metal/Lath Screws
- #8×1-1/2″ Sheet Metal/Lath Screws
- 1/2″x24″ Threaded Rod
- #18×1-1/4″ Brad Nails
- 2 pcs 8″ Replacement Lawnmower Wheels
- 1 50-70 quart Chest Cooler
- 1 pc 6-1/4″ Brushed-Nickel Bar Pull
- 1 pc 10″ Brushed-Nickel Bar Pull
And these tools:
- Porter-Cable Air Compressor
- Wood Clamps
- Cordless Drill
- Hack Saw
- Miter Saw
- Nail Gun
- Pocket-Hole Jig
- Speed Square
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
You can get step-by-step instructions from Build Something over here…