Looking for ideas to maximize or improve your home office or crafts space? This DIY Murphy craft table might help!
If you’ve got limited space, anything that offers some space-saving, efficiency or functionality is a great idea. This DIY desk is a great option for a super-compact home office or crafts space. Since it folds, this Murphy table can offer you a little extra space when you are not using the desk. It is multi-functional, too, as it can serve as a chalkboard or a even mirror!
You can modify the shelves and the size of the entire unit to suit any purpose. Need a sewing table, a crafts table or a laptop table? This versatile DIY furniture can be all that!
Do you need this for your work space?
- 1 x 8 x 10′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 6 x 10′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 6 x 22 1/4″ Pine or Whitewood Board (optional for 3rd Shelf)
- 1 x 2 x 8′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 3 x 8′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 19 x 27 7/8 x 1/4″ Panel (for Chalkboard)
- Wood Glue
- 1 1/4″ Pocket Hole Screws
- 3″ Wood Screws
- Brad Nails
- 1 1/2″ Piano Hinge
- Suitcase or Swivel Latch
- Folding Leg Brackets
- Measuring Tape
- Circular Saw
- Kreg Jig
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to Shanty 2 Chic for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…