Last Updated on
Looking for ideas to maximize or improve your home office or crafts space? This DIY Murphy craft table might help!
If you’ve got limited space, anything that offers some space-saving, efficiency or functionality is a great idea. This DIY desk is a great option for a super-compact home office or crafts space. Since it folds, this Murphy table can offer you a little extra space when you are not using the desk. It is multi-functional, too, as it can serve as a chalkboard or a even mirror!
You can modify the shelves and the size of the entire unit to suit any purpose. Need a sewing table, a crafts table or a laptop table? This versatile DIY furniture can be all that!
Do you need this for your work space?
- 1 x 8 x 10′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 6 x 10′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 6 x 22 1/4″ Pine or Whitewood Board (optional for 3rd Shelf)
- 1 x 2 x 8′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 1 x 3 x 8′ Pine or Whitewood Board
- 19 x 27 7/8 x 1/4″ Panel (for Chalkboard)
- Wood Glue
- 1 1/4″ Pocket Hole Screws
- 3″ Wood Screws
- Brad Nails
- 1 1/2″ Piano Hinge
- Suitcase or Swivel Latch
- Folding Leg Brackets
- Measuring Tape
- Circular Saw
- Kreg Jig
Click on any image to start lightbox display. Use your Esc key to close the lightbox.
Thanks to Shanty 2 Chic for this great project. You can get step-by-step instructions here…